Monday, May 14, 2012
Kuih Dodol From Scratch
OH now.....did I just mention DODOL earlier ??? And why it doesn't even look like one at all ? haha..... This is not a real dodol but just a kuih tastes like dodol which I made from scratch. The real dodol is a traditional Malay sweet delicacy and it is widely produced especially during RAYA celebration. Dodol is made of coconut milk, palm sugar and rice flour. And it needs to be cook for long hours till everything thickened to became an elastic sticky paste. Herewith, I have enclosed a video clip that you might interested in.(Click here to watch the traditional way of Dodol making).
And here's the recipe from scratch.
180gm tapioca flour
50gm sago flour
340ml coconut milk
1/4 tspn salt
120gm palm sugar
(1) combine ingredients (A), mix well and set aside.
(2) cook ingredients (B) & (C) separately till sugar dissolved.
(3) now, divide ingredients (A) into two portions, stir ingredient (B) into one portion and then ingredient (C) to the other half.
(4) finally, steam the first few layers for about 3 minutes each and then the final layer for about 7 minutes.
(5) once it's done, leave to cool completely before keeping it refrigerated. It's best to serve chilled.
here & here for further info. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy!
I'm sending this to Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.