.wassant bread?" No, I'm not gonna stop unless I experiment every inch of it. haha...... Just kidding ! Actually, I would very much love to own an Eggless version of this bread. Hopefully, some of my vegetarian readers will too have the chance to give this a good try. So, talk no further. Let's go to the recipe.
Starter Dough :
300gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1 tbsp sugar
(combine to form a soft dough, set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size)
Main Dough :
300gm bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tspn salt
(1) combine main dough ingredients together with the starter dough in a big mixing bowl once it's ready, stir well to form a soft dough.
(2) set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) press or punch proved dough to release air, then knead till smooth.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table and roll out flat about the size bigger than the green tea paste.
(5) place green tea paste to the center then cover with dough and seal well.
(6) roll dough flat into rectangle shape, and fold into 3 from the longer side.
(7) again roll flat again and repeat the folding for another 2 more rounds.
(8) finally, roll into 11x13" size and divide into 2 portions.
(9) by using a pizza cutter, cut the center of each dough about 2/3 of the length and leave 1/3 of dough hanging there.
(10) make a twist to each stripes of dough then place them to a 4.5x4.5x10" greased baking tray, set aside to rest for 40-60mins or till double in size.
(11) finally, bake at preheated oven 180-185'C for about 45-50mins.
(12) once it's done, set aside to cool for 10 mins before removing the loaf from tray.
Ingredients for Eggless Green Tea Paste :
3 tbsp sugar
50gm all purpose flour
20gm rice flour
1 tbsp green tea powder (or any flavour as desired)
150gm white chocolate, chopped & melted
Method : Please refer here.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.