Monday, May 7, 2012
Japanese Fish Curry On Pandan Coconut Rice
So, here's what I did.
Ingredients : (serve 4)
Pandan coconut rice
2 cups long grain basmati rice, rinsed
2 cups water
1/2 cup pandan juice from the leaves
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp butter (optional)
(place all ingredients into rice cooker to get them cooked)
Japanese Rish Curry
1/2 medium size dori fish fillet, sliced
2-1/2 cups water
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tspn garam masala powder
2 carrots, cut in chunks
2 onion, diced
1/2 cup tomato sauce / puree
2 tpsn worcestershire sauce
2 tomatoes, cubed
1 tpsn black peppercorn, crushed
some coriander, cut
salt to taste
*thickening : 1/2 cup water + 1tbsp flour
(1) preheat a non-stick pan with 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
(2) saute onion till fragrant and then add in carrot, curry powder, garam masala & tomato puree and simmer for a few seconds then add in water & bring it to boil.
(3) lower the heat and let it simmer till carrot turned tender, add in a little bit more water if needed.
(4) now, add in fish fillet, worcestershire sauce, black peppercorn, salt & thickening and let them simmer over low heat till cooked.
(5) finally, off the heat and stir in tomatoes & coriander leaves, mix well.