Melon pan bread as well. The only different is the local sweet crust is soft and moist and so is Melon pan. Conchas is the traditional Mexican bun which has a harden & crispy outer crust looking like a shell and it's one of Mexico's most favourite sweet rolls. Conchas also called as Pan De Dulce which meaning sweet bread in English.
However, I have mine in Eggless version.
400gm bread flour
50gm rye flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tpsn yeast
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tspn salt
*12 pcs cheddar cheese/1cup shredded cheddar cheese
(1) combine both flour, sugar, yeast, yogurt and water, stir to form a soft dough.
(2) then add in butter and salt and knead till well mixed.
(3) set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) punch dough to release air and place dough to working table and knead till smooth.
(5) divide dough into 10 portions, wrap in cheddar cheese with a sprinkle of sugar, sealed then place it to baking tray to rest for 15 mins.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 18-20 mins or till brown.
Ingredients for Conchas Crust :
200gm all purpose flour
50gm almond meal
2 tpsn Imported green powder
2 tbsp black sesame powder
(1) cream margarine and sugar till fluffy and then fold in flour till combined.
(2) divide into 2 portions, add almond meal & green tea powder to one portion and stir to combine.
(3) add black sesame powder to the remaining portion till combine.
(4) wrap each portion with a plastic wrap and keep chilled for about 30 mins.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.