cous cous dish out of this tiny grains. Maybe it's not new to most of you but this is definitely my first time. I never know cous cous is so easy to handle and prepare. This tiny grains will be ready in just 15-20 minutes in boiling water. Cous cous is actually came from semolina. It's a very nutritious food and it's also a good substitution for white rice.
1 cup cous cous (instant)
3 cups boiling water
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup sweet corn
1 onion, diced
1/2 tspn crashed black peppercorn
salt & pepper to taste
1 tomato, diced
1 green pear, diced
handful of cilantro, finely chopped
* parmesan cheese powder
(1) soak cous cous into boiling for about 20 mins, then drain & set aside.
(2) combine beaten egg, corn, black peppercorn and salt & pepper together.
(3) preheat a frying pan with just enough oil, saute onion till fragrant and then pour in egg mixture and let to cook till brown.
(4) once it's ready, off the heat then stir in drained cous cous, tomato, pear & cilantro and mix well.
(5) serve with parmesan cheese.