Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Banana Apple Yogurt Bundt Cake


What do you think when you served this to someone who is not a cake lover ? And the answer is "hmm...mm..hmm...mm..!!!", totally speechless!!! Oh yes, that's my hubby alright! I made this yesterday. And I tried to get 2 slices onto a plate for myself but then he walked past. So, I handed him the cakes. I didn't asked anything because I knew that he doesn't like cakes at all. But then I overheard him mumbling something like "hmm...mm..hm...mm!!!". I turned to look at him. Oh my god, I said to myself! My hubby had finished up the cakes. I'm totally flattered. Oh no, most probably he juz hungry. Again, I said to myself! So, after half an hour he came to the kitchen and grab another piece. I'm looking at him with my eyes and mouth opened widely. I was asking him if he is hungry then I wanted to make something for him to eat. "No, no, I'm not hungry..." he answered me and then he went off with a slice of cake. Oh my, I think this cake is absolutely irresistible! It's moist and soft, not too sweet with a little sour flavour from the apple...And I don't even need to spread on the sugar cream! Wonderful indeed.

Ingredients :

1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
3/4 cup yogurt
icing sugar for dusting
1 green apple, cubed

Method :

- combine flour, baking soda & baking powder together.
- cream butter and sugar untill combined.
- add in eggs & vanilla essence, whisk untill well mixed.
- stir in mashed banana and mix well.
- stir flour mixture & yogurt alternately.
- pour 1/2 batter into a bundt cake pan, then place in the apples.
- cover with the remaining batter.
- bake at 180'c for 50mins - 60mins.
- leave cool for 10mins before removing from the tray.
- top with icing sugar and serve.

Perfectly done and still in good shape LOL! he he....

Probably add in an extra walnuts will be perfect! Oh no, I think I'm happy enough to let it be in this way. ha ha...

12 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

A very healthy autumn fruity indulgence!
Angie's Recipes

Heavenly Housewife said...

Please invite me for afternoon tea! I want to eat this cake!!!

Anna said...

I love banana bread, I'm always looking for recipes, and with all this hubby approval, I definitely have to try this one.

Laura in Paris said...

Oh, my, another delicious cake! I've gained three pounds since I started visiting your blog (ha ha ha)

Drick said...

lovely sounding cake - made an apple cake last week but didn't like the results - will have to try this one....

My Little Space said...

Angie : I think I should read more...don't know what food are under what season!!! =P

Laduree : You're most welcome! Please come & join me..So happy that you're coming over LOL!

Anna : Hi, Welcome on board & nice to meet you. Glad that you like this recipe as well. Hope you'll enjoy it with your family.

Laura : Are you sure it's only 3 pounds??? huh...

Drick : Hope you'll enjoy it!

Have a great day & cheers,

Kristy

Anncoo said...

Are there anymore left?...haha...

Mary said...

What a lovely fall recipe. The cake looks beautiful and I'm guessing it tastes as good as it looks.

Lyndsey said...

That is so funny! Your husband doesn't like cake and you are such a good baker! It does look delious though! My kind of cake, good for breakfast too. yumm!

This time I'll pull up a chair...pour the coffee. haha

forkbootsandapalette said...

B.E.A.U.T.F.U.L.....i cant believe i have never visited this awesome blog..

Foodessa said...

My Mom was a terrific baker. However, due to some major changes in her life...she kind of let go of all that great talent. Now, she enjoys what I've been making for her. This past Christmas...I thought it was time she started up again due to her small comments on lack of confidance to jump back in!
Amongst several gifts was a bundt pan. Now she's always asking me for cakes that suit this pan and her palette. This is where your yummy cake recipe comes in. I'll make her a copy. Thanks for sharing and flavourful wishes, Claudia

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

my web site testsieger Pkv
Also see my site: frauenschuh outlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...