Saturday, October 31, 2009

Strawberry & Mascarphone Slice

Still remember the strawberries that I bought that day! Yeap, I've used them in making some delightful slices. A totally simple and refreshing goodie. I can hardly find mascarphone cheese around my living area so I decided to use cream cheese instead. Of couse, mascarphone cheese should be the best for this recipe.
*
Ingredients for Crust :

175gm butter
2-1/2 tbsp sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour

- beat butter, sugar & egg yolk untill fluffy.
- stir in flour and mix untill combined.
- press firmly to a 9" square tray and bake at 180'c preheated oven for 25mins.
- leave to cool.

Ingredients for Strawberry Topping:

300gm mascarpone (I used cream cheese instead)
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp fresh whip cream
300gm fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
50gm dark chocolate (for decoration)
1 tbsp full cream milk

- beat softened cream cheese, icing sugar, yogurt and whip cream untill combined.
- stir in fresh strawberries and mix well.
- spread the mixture over the crust and set aside.
- melt the chocolate over indirect heat(double boiler).
- stir in milk and mix well.
- drizzle over the slice and chilled for 2 hours before served.
Yum yum.....can't wait to have a slice!
There are 12 slices in a tray but I only ate 2....they all ended up in my kids belly lol!

22 comments:

alison said...

o,kristy,so delicious!

Divina Pe said...

That looks great. Strawberry and cheese are a perfect match. You should open a cake shop now.

Anncoo said...

So I'm late for this. Next time remember to inform me first, OK?

Heavenly Housewife said...

My goodness, this looks so yummy. I guess there are non left for me though :(

My Little Space said...

Alison : Thanks a lot!

Divina : Are you kidding me! But I'll think about it.

Annco : Yeap, you're late!

Hana : I'm so sorry! I guess you've to make your own lol.

Have a wonderful weekend and Cheers.

Kristy

Lyndsey said...

This looks wonderful, and it does sound refreshing. I use cream cheese a lot instead of mascarpone. I think you just add cream to it, to make it more like mascarpone cheese.

I remember eating slices when I was in New Zealand. Yummm

Have a nice weekend, enjoy!

Drick said...

really great recipe - a keeper for sure...

alwayswinner786 said...

What a delicious recipe! I wish I can share a slice.
Happy Holloween.

Donna-FFW said...

Id consider myself lucky to get 2 slices out of a cake that looks that good.

Chow and Chatter said...

oh wow yummy

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

This looks so scrumptious with fresh berries! Yummy!

MaryMoh said...

that looks so good. If I'm your neighbour...you have to make another one for me otherwise I'll fight with your kids for it....haha

reanaclaire said...

hey..this is "torturing"!! hahhaa.. my gosh, i wanna go out this every minute to get a piece of cake but then it wont taste even half as good as this one, i bet!

Mary said...

This really looks delicious. I have frozen, but not fresh berries. I'll have to search for fresh berries. I want to make this.

French Cooking for Dummies said...

I need to try this one! It looks delicious!

penny aka jeroxie said...

CAn you come over here and be my neighbour please?

Diana Bauman said...

This looks delightful Kristy!!

My Little Space said...

Lyndsey : Thanks! Glad that you like it as well.

Drick : Thanks a lot and you'll enjoy it!

AWinner : I'm so sorry I wish I could!

Donna : Yes, I am! hahaha...

Rebecca : Thanks!

Reeni : Yeah, I love my bakery with fresh fruits.

MaryMoh : hahaha.... I'm a 'Tae Kwan Do' green holder LOL! No kidding!

Reana : Welcome on board. Glad that you enjoy this as much as we do. Hope to hear from you more often.

Mary : Thanks! Hope you can find some fresh one.

FC4Dummies : Thank you very much and welcome on board. Hope to hear from you more often.

Penny : Just be my neighbour is not enough lol! Have to be my personal tester(Dinky & the Brain!) as well. haha...

Diana : Thanka a lot!

Thanks for stopping by dear friends and glad that you all enjoy it as well. Have a nice day!

Cheers, Kristy

Chef Fresco said...

This looks delicious! Especially the chocolate topping :)

Angie's Recipes said...

You really CAN bake!

Sanjana said...

This looks so good! I just wanna dive into it!

Joy said...

omg i think ive just gone to heaven after seeing this dessert, what can honestly be a better combination. I am drooling :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...