Ingredients for Skin Dough :
200gm koh fun (cooked glutinous flour)
200gm icing sugar
260gm cold water
100gm green beans powder (for coating)
500gm red bean paste (divide into 2 portion)
- combine 'koh fun' with icing sugar and mix well.
- rub shortening with 'koh fun' untill well combined.
- add in cold water and slowly knead till form a soft dough.
- divide into 2 portion, roll flat between a plastic sheet.
- repeat the same to the red bean paste.
- then place the red bean paste over the glutinous dough.
- roll up like a Swiss roll and coat with green beans powder.
(or you can also use 'koh fun' for the coating as well)
- cover and chilled for 1/2 hour before cutting.
*koh fun = bake glutinous flour under 160'c for 30 mins, stir every 10 mins.
The green beans powder has a unique taste and flavour which I think it's perfect for this! I don't think you can easily get this from out of this region. Anyway, you can still use 'koh fun' for the coating or freshly grated coconut or may be ground roasted peanut!
The dough became solid after chilled and perfect for the slicing job.
Such a presentable dessert, isn't it? And it taste absolutely wonderful as well. Woo..I feel great! Before ending this, I would like to thank Diana from A Little Bit Of A Spain In Iowa for passing me this lovely award. Diana has a fantastic blog and she also design for other bloggers' site which I think you guys should check her out!
Thanks a million! And in return, I'm going to give her this lovely award for being my friend and for sharing!