Monday, October 19, 2009

When The East Meets West


Oh...yes, I've something really really nice for my posting today. What me and my kids are having today! I have no idea what to call this...Since I've pineapple rice at the bottom and creamy mushroom chicken & lots of cheese on top. So, I think 'When The East Meets West' fit in beautifully. Well, it fits into my mouth perfectly as well....ha ha! Enjoy.....

Ingredient for Fried Rice :

White rice (quantity as desire)
1/2 cup mashed pineapple
1 tspn turmeric powder
1tbsp chopped garlic
salt & pepper to taste
handful of raisins

- preheat frying pan with 2tbsp butter.
- stir in garlic and stir fried untill aromatic.
- add in mashed pineapple, then follow by rice & turmeric powder.
- stir fry for about 1-2 min then add in salt & pepper to taste.
- remove to a baking tray and top with some raisins and leave aside.

Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Chicken :
300gm chicken breast, cubed
200gm mushroom, sliced
200gm celery, diced
1/2 tspn mixed herb
1-1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp all purpose flour
salt & pepper to taste
1 yellow onion, diced

Topping :

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bread crumb

Method :

- preheat frying pan with 2 tbsp butter.
- place in onion and stir fried untill fragrant.
- add in chicken, mushroom, celery and mixed herb, simmer untill the chicken is cooked.
- add in flour, salt & pepper and mix well.
- pour in the milk and cook untill thicken.
- off the heat and remove the mixture & spread over the rice.
- top with mozzarella & cheddar cheese, finally top with bread crumb.
- bake at 190'c for 15 mins or untill golden brown.
- then serve hot.

13 comments:

Heavenly Housewife said...

What clever flavours!

Anncoo said...

I think this is "Fusion" meal~~hope that I call this correctly. Good combo :D

pigpigscorner said...

I love cheese baked rice! but too bad my hubs hate it =(

Pari said...

Nice title with great flavors.

Diana Bauman said...

You are so creative! Love the mix of dishes here!

Lyndsey said...

If you are going to keep coming up with such original dishes, you're going to have to get creative and come up with names for them:)

I do like "fusuion" dishes, mixing international flavors. The best thing is when the kids like it!

Drick said...

yep, gotta have this one....Sounds like a fab Polynesian taste with cheese

Barbara said...

Super combination! The raisins in the rice sets it off perfectly.
Just a little sweetness.

Donna-FFW said...

OOOHHH, the pinapple rice alone sounds fantastic then paired with the chicken/mushroom mixture, pure delight!!

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

What a yummy casserole!! I like the east meets west theme!

Elra said...

Such an interesting recipe, very multi culture for sure.

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

So sorry that I only be able to make this late reply ! Have been busy lately. However, thank you very much for all your lovely words. I guess new recipe title has been listed out by Anncoo...thanks a lot! I think "Yummy Cassarole" sounds great too! What do you think?

Have a wonderful day & Cheers.

Kristy

pegasuslegend said...

thanks again for the lovely award it is posted on my site with your my little space name thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...