Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blueberry Orange Nut Loaf


What do you know! Blueberries on sales again.... hooo...yaaa..... 50% discount!!! Sometimes you can find good grocery coupons for frozen produce. I'm happy enough and successfully grabbed 250gm of the fresh berries and also 1/2kg of strawberries. Oh yes, SEE, what have I done to the blueberries!!! At first, I was thinking to use them in muffins. Nope...I've already tried those in muffins. Finally, I found a perfect recipe for my blueberries. It's a non buttery loaf. The original recipe was using cranberries. So, I was thinking to make a little switch to blueberries instead. It looks real good though! I love love love the flavour.... So, here's the recipe.

Ingredients :

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp olive/corn oil
orange juice from one large orange with enough water to equal 3/4 cup liquid
orange rind from one orange
1-1/2 cups blueberries
walnut, crashed (whole for decoration)

Method :

- combine flour, sugar, salt, crashed walnut, baking powder and baking soda together, mix well.
- beat oil, orange juice, orange rind and egg untill combined.
- stir in the dry ingredients and fold with a big wooden spoon.
(do not over mix)
- pour the batter to a baking tray and decorate with walnut.
- bake at 175'c for 45 mins.
Alright, this is something that I would not share with you... ha ha ha! Make your own!!! I love the natural sweetness of the fruits, not too sweet and with a little sweet & sour flavour of the fruits ....hmm...mmm, heavenly goodness! You can actually smell the aroma of fresh fruits once it's out from the oven. I'm sure you going to love it!
*
And herewith, I would like to pass this befriending button to another few more new foodie friends of mine. And thank them for being my friends and for sharing. They are as follow :-
*
Lyndsey @ The Tiny Skillet
Elin @ Elinluv's Tibits Corner
Cheah @ No-Frill Recipes
Selba @ Selby's Food Corner
Andrea @ Andrea's Wellness Notes
Chin @ Cherry Potato
Pegasuslegend (hope to know your name!)
Laura @ Laura's Paris Cooking Note Book
Chris @ Chris Passion With Food
Radha @ Radhasia
Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
Anna @ Chef Wanabe
Angie @ Angie's Recipe
Lulu @ Lululu At Home (hope to know your name!)
Nyonya @ Petite Nyonya (hope to know your name!)
Claudia @ Journey of An Italian Cook
Canuck @ Cookin' Canuck
Wasabi Prime (hope to know your name!)
Tana @ Cheap Appetite
Robert @ Shizuko Gourmet
Kathy @ KathyVegas
Chaya @ Sweet & Savory
Pari @ Foodelicious
Hopefully I didn't left out anyone!!! Please feel free to drop by and brings home the button LOL! Love & Kisses! =D

28 comments:

lululu said...

thx for the friendship award. i think that's the beauty of blogosphere - u gotta know bunch of friends who are yet completely strangers at the other side of the world! i purely love it!
btw, i just cant resist blueberry on any baked goods. look at the blueberry marble on your cake, so resistible!

petite nyonya said...

Thanks MLS, for passing on the friendship award to me too. I feel honored and I appreciate it a lot. Blog friends just add color to our daily life in the kitchen huh :)!
p/s 50% on blueberries?? Wah, very good bargain since they are not cheap at all in where we live. Each time I want to buy blueberries, I think twice. This loaf is full of fruity & nutty flavors, so perfect with tea! I have a friend coming over for tea later & I could use this loaf! Hehe.

Selba said...

Thank you for the award, very sweet and thoughtful of you :)

Ah... you are so lucky to get fresh blueberries. I've never seen the fresh one here in Jakarta, only the jam....

Pari said...

Hi! you are lucky to get fresh berries, I'm happy looking at the dry...the cake looks excellent, but I have to try with dry berries. :-)

Anncoo said...

Remember to share some of your loaf to me. Looks good!

Lyndsey said...

Thank you Kristy for the friedship button. One of my favorite things is to make friends world wide. It brightens my day and I know I miss it when I don't hear from my friends everyday.

The bread looks so beautiful, you can almost smell it, hehe. I love the looks of bluberries, but I never did get a taste for them. I did want a good cranberry bread recipe. :) mmmmm....

Angie's Recipes said...

Thanks for the award!
The blueberry cake with lots of walnuts sounds and looks perfect!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Thanks for the friendship award! I really appreciate it! :)

Your cake looks so amazing (like all your creations!). It's 5:30 a.m. here, and I'm just brewing a cup of coffee. A slice of your cake would go so nicely with it... :)

Sweet and Savory said...

What could be better than a friendship award. Thank you for including me. Bloggers are special people and you are one of the most special.

ALso, thanks for that blueberry loaf. Does that look delicious! I think I can fit it in to make. I will try. This is my husband's kind of cake. He will love you from afar, if I do bake this.

cherry potato said...

Thank you very much for your friendship award, i very touching and happy.

Mary said...

Your bread looks fantastically good. I can't wait to try it.

Claudia said...

Oh! Thanks so much for the friendship award - what a sweet, sweet thing to do! You did make my heart sing a bit this morning. The blueberry cake is scrumptious - high and packed with goodies - loving it.

penny aka jeroxie said...

Look at all the blueberries! Reminds me of summer. It is just around the corner. ** claps hands **

figtree said...

I dont see blueberries in the store anymore..if I do Ill make your loaf!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Perfect snack with a cup of tea :D

Donna-FFW said...

Blueberry and orange and walnuts.. what a delicious bread, such a special treat!

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

This looks incredibly delicious! I love blueberries!

Elra said...

Delicious blueberry loaf, and range add a nice touch to it.

Elin said...

Kristy, THANK YOU so much for this friendship button. I love it! But I love more the warm friendship you have extended to me :) Love you too ! And hope our sharing will further deepen our friendship :))

Velva said...

I still have 10lbs of summer blueberries in my freezer! I am thinking this blueberry loaf would be perfect. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

My Little Space said...

Hi everyone,

Woo...it's like miracle to have all of you over and I'm so touched! I've never imagine to have friends from the other side of the world. Kudos! I am really happy and blessed. Thank you very much.

Cheers, Kristy

wasabi prime said...

Awww... thanks for the shout out. And I'm SO JEALOUS you found such fresh blueberries and on sale, to boot! I was just thinking about blueberry muffins on this chilly morning. This looks delicious! Ah, and I'm Denise, by the way! :D

CheapAppetite said...

Thanks Kristy:)) Very nice of you. It's my first friend award ever! xoxo

Anna said...

Thank you Kristy, it's really lovely that you thought about me, feels great to make friends across the globe.

Anonymous said...

I don't need to taste it to know that it's yummy delicious. You use cup measurements. How many gm is one cup of flour?

My Little Space said...

Anonymous : One cup of flour is roughly about 240gm. You can check all measurements from my right hand top side bar ~ Online cooking convertor ~ Thank you very much for visiting and hope you will like this recipe. All the best!
Kristy

muebles en guipuzcoa said...

Thank you for the article, very useful piece of writing.

Naple said...

The machine is not new, and has been used before. Reliable forklift certification programs cover the basics and intermediate points in forklift operation. A far more likely outcome is that after someone gets forklift certification, they may be more valuable to long term positions. When you have a forklift lease agreement- the person you are leasing from maintains the machine for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...