Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stromboli, Enchilada Or Burrito!!!

I wrote to Reeni (@ Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice) the other day and asked her about the differences between Stromboli, Enchiladas and Burritos! Thank you so much for spending time in explaining to me. I'm really appreciate it, Reeni! BUT the thing is....I have no idea how to name this one here on the picture...ha ha ha! God, can anyone tell me...is this a Stromboli, Enchilada or Burrito???

Ingredients :

4 slices Lebanese bread
1 tomato, cubed
1cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
300gm chicken breast, cubed
1/2 tspn curry powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tpsn curry powder(for topping)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tomatoes sauce

Method :

- marinade chicken with 1/2tspn curry powder & 1/2tspn turmeric powder & a pinch of salt.
- preheat frying pan with 2tbsp cooking oil.
- stir in the marinaded chicken breast and simmer untill cooked, leave aside.
- spread tomato sauce onto Lebanese bread.
- place in chicken breast, tomato, cheese and mayonnaise.
- roll up like Swiss roll, then place it onto a baking tray.
- top with mozzarella cheese & curry powder.
- bake at 220'c for 10mins.
Now, you've gone through the whole process! SO...what is it call...STROMBOLI, ENCHILADA or BURRITO??? By the way, I would like to thank Lyndsey(@The Tiny Skillet) and Reeni on inspiring me to make this delicious recipe. Muchas Gracias! & special thanks to my spanish teacher, Marilyn!

22 comments:

lululu said...

who cares about how it's called! i just wanna bite onto this cheesy, meaty, spicy.......THING!

Anncoo said...

Yes, as lululu said...who cares. As long as it is yummy, just grab and eat it!

Angie's Recipes said...

It doesn't matter how it's named....as long as it's good.

Lyndsey said...

I love your version! You are so creative! I think you should come up with your own name for it. Like...stromchurito? hehe

And thank you, you inspire me!

Barbara said...

I'd like to bite right into that cheesy looking dish.
You better invent your own label because burritos and enchiladas are made with corn tortillas and a stromboli is filled with Italian goodies. I thought of roulade but that is meat wrapped around a filling. How about a chicken stromboli? That's the closest.

Chow and Chatter said...

oh its just yummy and creative thats it oh and thanks for the diwali wishes i don;t really celebrate it as I am a Brit and Christian I have to google it every year as the date changes! and make something for hubby and call India!!!

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

This looks like enchiladas because of how you rolled them up but your using a different kind of bread. It's none of those things! But it looks really delicious! I would call them chicken roll-ups or something like that.

My Little Space said...

Lulu : Thanks a lot!

Anncoo : Yeah, you're right! Thanks.

Angie : Thank you.

Lyndsey : Stromchurito!!! Nice name. Thanks...ha ha!

Barbara : Chicken stromboli is a nice name for it. Thank you very much.

Rebecca : Thanks and hope you'll have a great time.

Reeni : Wow, nice..chicken roll-up! I think it's perfect. Thanks!

Thank you very much for all your comments. Really appreciate it. Hope you all have a wonderful time. Cheers.

Kristy

Heavenly Housewife said...

Whatever you decide to call it, I'll have some :), looks so yummy!

alwayswinner786 said...

What there in name my friend -STROMBOLI, ENCHILADA or BURRITO don't matter it look too delicious and yummy! If you serve me without any name I will still love to have them.
Love always.

Mary said...

It looks good so please make sure you give it an appropriate name.

Diana Bauman said...

Your are too funny Kristy! This is a combination of all of those things and quite creative I might add! Love it!

radha said...

HOLA Kristy,te entiendo porque es una mescla oriental bien rica, sacale un nombre bonito! understand you coz this is such a rich oriental mix,give it a nice name! are u studying spanish? ricoooo. wheneva i make fusion of mediterranean and chinese flavor/spices i also dont know how to name the dishe LOL

Chow and Chatter said...

oh Kristy its a new creation so give it a new name lol

Angie's Recipes said...

Cheesy Chicken Rolls a la Kristy

Laura in Paris said...

I'll go for enchilada ... or wait, is it a burrito? Ha ha, I'm always confused too.

Anncoo said...

haha...I can't even pronounce it properly. I think Burrito is the easiest for me to name it.

Baking Monster said...

who cares it looks really good and cheesy!

Marillyn Beard said...

Hello Kristy!! That is a Monster Burrito Melt :o) Looks so yummy!
Stop by my blog... got something for ya! http://just-making-noise.blogspot.com/2009/10/gratitude-foodie-fights-award.html

Divina Pe said...

Kristy, I have been thinking of these for a day. I couldn't think of any. But I'll baked it a Baked Cheesy Strom-Chila-Rito a la Kristy. Whew, that was hard. Wow, you have a Spanish teacher too. You're so talented.

pegasuslegend said...

Rolled Delight or
Inside out dough roll or
Stuffed ham el strata

Chris Nyles said...

Just for fun I joined your contest. If it is a combination of a STROMBOLI, ENCHILADA, and a BURRITO, I thought, STROMENCHURRITO might be appropriate. I know. It's too long. But, have you heard of the longest word SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS?(I hope I spelled that one right).

Have a nice day! Have fun at your in-laws.

Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...