Red Bean Swirl Coffee Bun
So sorry, I've been away for a few days! Busy, busy, busy..... However, I tried my best to come up with a post. Ah....My hot hot coffee bun!!! I love bread and I love making bread as well. I bought a few new bakery toys a couple days ago and will try them out soon. So, stay tuned!
550gm high protein flour
1 tspn yeast
200ml warm milk
1 tspn instant coffee powder
Filling : 360gm red bean paste (30gm/dough)
- add yeast into warm milk, sugar and leave aside for 5 mins.
- stir coffee powder into milk mixture.
- combine all ingredients together to form a soft dough.
- leave to proof for 1 hour.
- pouch out the air from dough, knead for another 2 more mins.
- divide the dough into 12 portion.
- wrap red bean filling into the dough, roll flat and make a few cuts in the center.
- twist the dough and make a knot, then place onto the cupcake paper cup.
- then leave aside for 10 mins.
Brush on the egg glaze and sprinkle some sugar on top. Then bake at 200'c for 20 mins or untill golden brown.
You can use nutella instead for the filling or maybe peanut butter.