I always wonder what is 'baklava' !!! I've never try it before and don't even know what it tastes like. I found this easy baklava recipe a week ago and thought of giving it a try. Then, here it is.
It tasted a little bit like english scone but strong nutty aroma.
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
3/4 tspn salt
6 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
- combine all ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
100gm crashed almonds
100gm crashed halzelnut
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn nutmeg powder
- blend all ingredients in an electrical chopper.
*one egg for glazing & 2tbsp honey.
- turn dough out onto a large sheet of parchment and place another sheet of parchment on top.
- roll out the dough to 8x14" rectangle.
- brush egg onto it and sprinkle the nut mixture on top, reserve 2tbsp nut mixture.
- then roll up into a log and place in baking tray.
- brush egg glazing on top.
- bake for about 50-55mins.
- once its ready; immediately brush honey on top the loaf and then sprinkle the nut mixture.
- leave to cool.