240gm cold white rice
1 1/2tbsp wine yeast(pounded)
1/2 tbsp sugar
- combine white rice, wine yeast, sugar and water together.
- cover and let it ferment for 2 to 3 days.
Ingredient A :
2blades pandan leaves
- heat water, sugar and pandan leaves together (do not boil) unitll sugar melted.
- leave to cool.
Ingredient B :
300gm rice flour
Ingredient C :
1/2 tbsp ENO (or 1 pkt = 4.3gm)
some food colouring
- get 80gm of starter dough after the fermentation period.
- mix ingredient (A) , ingredient (B) and starter dough together and stir well.
- then, cover the mixture and leave for 2nd fermentation for 8-12 hours.
- finally, add in ENO after the 2nd fermentation and stir well.
- divide one or two portion for colouring.
- pour the batter into the cups and steam for 15mins.
- of course, the steaming time will run according to the cup size.
**the paper cups should be taller than the tin cups, so that you can get better out look.
Here you are!!! The traditional Fatt Kuih that I made. It was so soft and tasty. My family like it so much.
What do you think guys? By the way, this traditional fatt kuih can at least stand for a few days.