1 whole bitter gourd
1 can sardin (large)
some ginger slices
some onion slices
some Thai pepper (chili padi)
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tspn salt
Firstly, seperate the sardin from the sauce and remove all the bones. Then slightly fry the sardin with 2 tbsp of oil (in low heat) and put it aside.
Then, clean up the bitter gourd and cut in slices (medium thickness). Don't worry! The bitter gourd actually not bitter at all.
- heat up the wok/frying pan.
- add in some oil (about 4-5 tbsp).
- throw in the ginger & onion, fry till aromatic and then put in the bitter gourd.
- add in 1/2 cup of water & salt, cook the bitter gourd untill soft (by that time, the water should be dried up).
- finally, add in the sardin & sardin sauce from the can, chili and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- off the heat and serve hot.