Saturday, April 18, 2009
Steamed Ginger Chicken
1/2 chicken (cut small)
1tspn ground pepper
- marinade the chicken with salt & pepper and leave it aside.
50gm small onion
4tbsp sesame oil
2tbsp light soya sauce
- blend ginger and small onion with a electrical chopper (do not add in water).
- fry the blended mixture with sesame oil untill aromatic.
- then off the heat and add in the light soya sauce and stir till well combine.
- put the seasoning mixture to the merinade chicken and mix well.
- then cover the tray with an alluminium foil.
- finally, steam the chicken for 30mins in high heat and then 30mins in medium heat.
Sometimes, I even add in a little bit of wine just before steaming. I don't know about others but I think it tasted really good when ginger seasoning mixed with wine. I hope you guys will love it too. Happy cooking !!