Lam Yu Chicken
2 whole chicken leg (cut in small pce)
2 tspn salt
1 tspn five spice
1/2 tspn ground pepper
2 cube Lam Yu (preserved bean curd in sweet sauce)
2 tbsp tapioca starch / cornstarch
- put the meat in a mixing bowl and then add in all the spices.
- use your hand to mix it, so that everything is well combine.
- finally, add in the tapicio starch.
- for those are using cornstarch : add in some egg white before putting in the cornstarch.
- leave it for 1/2 hour before frying.
This is the 'Lam Yu' I mentioning about. It comes in cubes with some red sweet sauce. Remember to put in some of the red sauce when you marinade the chicken. 'Lam Yu' can also used in stir fried vege for example chinese cabbage or cabbage.
You don't have to use too much oil when frying the meat. Just enough will do. Instead of using chicken, you can use pork ribs. It taste even better!